Filling Machine Augers
Filling Machines, also known as Auger Fillers, are commonly used in many areas of the solids bulk handling industry.
Filling Machines, like Volumetric Screw Feeders, employ an auger screw for dosing of powders and dry bulk solids.
Whilst particularly popular with pharmaceutical and ingredients processing, Auger Filling Machines are used to accurately dose and dispense a wide range of powders, a few examples include:
- Pharmaceutical powders and pills.
- Ingredients such as flour, cocoa, dairy powder, rock salt, and baby formula.
- Ground coffee and beans.
- Unshelled peanuts.
Auger Fillers incorporate specially designed augers to manipulate materials. Examples of these machines are Volumetric Fillers, both auger and pocket fillers.
Trantec manufactures high-quality augers for filling and packaging machinery. Our materials range from traditional engineering plastics such as UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) to exotic engineering plastics such as PEEK (Polyether ether ketone) and PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene).
Our metals include 304, 316 and 316L grade stainless steel, which are readily available for quick turnaround times.
Our manufacturing process maintains accurate feed rates when replacing existing augers. We can provide a variety of finishes quicker and cheaper than the traditional methods. Mirror finish, typically better than 0.2Ra, is achieved with minimal hand polishing.
Benefits of Trantec Augers
- Crevice-free, hygienic augers are produced efficiently. Trantec Augers offer easy cleaning and maintenance, including effective CIP (clean in place).
- Our augers are compatible with all densities and viscosities of powders and liquids.
- Interchangeable augers.
- Fast manufacturing and delivery.
- Competitively priced.
- Like-for-like replacement of the original auger.
Renown Works, Wellington Street,
Lancashire, United Kingdom, BB5 5HU
T: +44 (0)1282 777 566
Company Reg: 03233202
VAT Registration: GB 628 7689 8